How do I get a BuzzCard?
Before you can be issued a BuzzCard, you must have a Georgia Tech Identification Number (gtID #). Your gtID# is a universal number that identifies you throughout the various campus departments, while the BuzzCard is your physical identification card. A BuzzCard cannot be issued without a gtID#.
Student gtID#’s: Upon admission to the Institute, the registrar assigns you a gtID#.
Faculty/Staff/Affiliate gtID#’s: An authorized department administrator or campus sponsor must submit a gtID# request on your behalf.
New faculty or staff will receive their BuzzCard from the Office of Human Resources. All others, including students, will receive their BuzzCard from the BuzzCard Center.
- Georgia Tech students and those classified as either Georgia Tech faculty or staff receive their first BuzzCard at no charge.
- Lost or stolen BuzzCards are replaced for a fee of $30.00.
- BuzzCard replacement due to normal wear and tear will be issued free of charge.
- New photographs are required for all new and replacement BuzzCards.
Identification is required and includes the following acceptable documents:
- A state issued Driver's License or identification card (US Territory Driver’s License is not accepted)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. military ID
- U.S. Department of State ID Card
- U.S. Territory ID Card
- Foreign applicants must present one of the following:
- Matricula Consular
- I-551 Permanent Resident or Resident Alien
- Foreign passport.
BuzzCard for Family Members
Immediate family members of students, faculty, and staff (spouses, domestic partners, and children over eighteen years of age) can obtain a BuzzCard for campus services through the BuzzCard Center. Both spouses/domestic partners need to be present and show proof of marriage or domestic partnership (Faculty/Staff please see OHR for Domestic Partnership Requirements; Students must process domestic partnership through the Dean of Students' Office) . Children need to provide proof of age and family relationship. Parents of students, faculty, or staff are not eligible. Family member gtID#s are generated by the BuzzCard Center. Please allow approximately twenty minutes for your visit.
Click here for more Frequently Asked Questions.